Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Week 19 & 20

Weeks 19 & 20...

Well we were going to find out what baby was in week 18, but Spencer decided to make a trip down to Las Vegas to do some
interviewing. That went well for him, he worked his charm, but no job offer yet... there are alot of things to consider, even if he were to get a job offer from them tomorrow. I'm glad he went down for the experience though. We spent an awesome weekend in Bear Lake over my 19 week mark. Raspberries up to your eyelids!!! It was a very fun weekend. Spencer even had some fun with my cousins and family on the new go-cart raceway in Garden City! During the next week, I got to paint the windows at our Pocatello Branch - the second time in my ICCU career. I actually only painted one window... but it was 9 feet tall! We did this for Welcome Back Orange and Black, rallying in the new ISU season. Well, on August 17th we found out we're having a BOY! We are so excited! Spencer and I were in shock... we really thought it was a girl (we weren't wishing, but if we had to take a guess, that's what we would have said). But we couldn't be happier! Everything is going great - our little guy is kicking constantly and it was so cute to see him move around on the ultrasound.

Here's a picture of the cute display I came home to on my kitchen counter! Thanks Rachel & Emily!!!

I was really sad when I found out that I could have had the whole sonogram on DVD :( My radiologist gal didn't mention it, nor did my doc or nurse. I was even sadder when I sent my sweet baby pictures through the heat laminater and lost the images forever!!!! I'm being dramatic, because the doctors office has printed me off new ones and I will go pick them up tomorrow... but still, I was sick! I thought I was being smart, trying to preserve the first images of my baby the best way I could think of... little did I know that they would be melted into a non-baby-showing black image of death!

Well, I'll get those pictures back tomorrow and show all of you his royal en-utero-cuteness soon!

Oh - and another fun activity to bring in week 20... stock car races at the Pocatello Raceway!!! The car fumes and burnt rubber smell may not have been the best venue for a prego lady, but at least it was outdoors.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! How exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you guys! I love all the blue stuff, so cute! We miss you guys and hope you are doing well and feeling good!

    ReplyDelete