Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Time to call the Doctor!

No, it's not quite "time" yet, though I hit my 37 week mark tomorrow, which is considered full term. But I am going to call my doctor first thing in the morning (4 hours from now). I've had a head cold for the past week, but now I'm 99% sure I have pink eye as well. Yuck! I've never had it before, but my little niece and nephew have it (we saw them once before we knew and before they'd been treated for it) and apparently all over town. Double Yuck!

Ug.... So looks like it's another day home from the office for me. I didn't save all my PTO for THIS! But, the last thing I would want to do is spread it to my coworkers: Samantha, who works right next to me, just hit her 38 weeks in her pregnancy and another guy has a 3 month old, that would be bad.

In any case, I can't sleep, my eyes are driving me nuts and this is my usual time I wake up to go to the bathroom anyway. Thought I'd catch up on the ol' blog. The past month FLEW BY!

I had another baby shower, this one thrown by my lovely Ward sister-in-laws. The decoration & theme was so cute! (Sorry, pictures are still not on my computer and every time I think to put them on here, it's 3 o'clock in the morning and I can't find our card reader) Thanks to everyone who made it out to support us. We are so excited to have such a supportive family to bring this little guy into!

We were very busy at work, getting ready for our 100,000 member celebration! We gave away 2 New Ford Fiestas to lucky ICCU members. The parties went off pretty flawlessly! It was alot of fun. Being busy has sure made this pregnancy go by fast too.

I had a birthday this past month too! It was a biggy... 25!!! It was a great day, I took the day off and basically spoiled myself (with help from others). My co-workers got me a gift card to my favorite nail spa, so a pedicure was a great way to start my day. Spencer purchased me a 1 hour massage a while ago and I'd been saving it for just the occasion. I scheduled a maturnity photoshoot with my good friend Alisha and had some fun pictures taken.


Thanks Lee! The day was far from over, it was a girl's night from here on out. We went and ate

sushi at Sumisu and went to the Twilight premier. We went to the early showing, which was a little more expensive, but well worth it. So fun!
Thanksgiving was a definite highlight over the past month! We went shooting in the morning. It made for some good pictures and laughs when I got my prego self up to shoot. :) My favorite is always shooting clay pigeons, but I got lazy in my form and gave myself a good bruise on my arm.


Dinner was at my family's this year. We also had our good friends the Bravermans over. Dinner was amazing - Moms turkey was excellent, Grandma's stuffing is always my favorite, Angela's stuffed mushrooms were a hit, and I nailed my spinach poppyseed salad. I was also in charge of making a centerpiece: the thankful tree. We wrote what we were thankful for and put it on the branches of our tree. Spencer and I had many contributions to that one - we are so blessed!

We also made a visit to the Hancocks, where everyone was busy frosting sugar and gingersnap cookies. Here was my contribution.
It was especially great to see Jenna and Richard, as they live in Phoenix and we don't get to see them very often. Thankfully, I didn't gain 15 pounds over Thanksgiving like I worried I would. I actually lost a pound between appointments (not that I was trying of course - and of course they weren't concerned).

Another huge thing that JUST happened: we traded in the Pathfinder for a cute little Hyundai. It's not as big, not as spacious as we're used to, but it also comes with a title and no monthly payment. With a new baby coming and me quitting my job, we're preparing to tighten our belts on our finances. Dave Ramsey would be proud!


Short story is, alot has happened over the last month. I'm going in for weekly visits now, first appointment to check how I'm measuring (dilation and e-phasing) is tomorrow. We are excited for the holidays, and know that the next three weeks is going to go by SO quick! We still need a few essentials, but otherwise, we are pretty set!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Cali, You are so adorable, and you look amazing! I'm so happy you had a great birthday, and good luck with the coming weeks. Keep up posted!

    ReplyDelete